Millions of people search Google Maps every day. A free listing on Google Maps makes it easy for them to find you.
At VITAL we will add on your website a Google Map and then can submit to Google for you to have a free Google listing- so when potential customers search Maps for local information, they'll find your business: your address, hours of operation, even photos of your storefront or products. It's easy
The Benefits of a Google Maps Listing
- Exposure in Google
Google displays results at the top of page 1 based on Google Maps Listings if someone searches for a combination of a service and place. For instance, look at this example where we searched for ‘Stress Manchester’ in Google
Your listing is displayed above the top ranking natural listing and with a map and details all displayed – without any competition from other businesses
- Maps Results Dominate
The maps listings returned in the results are arguably more predominant on the page than the paid Adwords are. Without even spending money you can be acquiring the traffic your competitors are paying to be exposed to.
- It Costs Nothing
You will have to register your business, and do an address verification, which is posted out to you, and create your map entry. All it will cost is your time, or ours.
- Secure Top Position
If you get a listing added before your competitors for your service and location then you will always appear before them as entries are listed in the order they were added.
- Multilple Offices Supported
You can list multiple business locations from within a single account. Perfect if you have more than one office.
- Directions Made Easy
An accurate road map with directions ensures that your prospective clients can find you easily. They can even toggle between map and satellite view.
- Expanding Services
Google have announced improvements to the service we can expect in the future such as integration with mobiles, map links within results listings and the creation of coupons/vouchers that users can print off and bring with them.
It is also very likely that other local directories will feed off of the Google Maps Entries as it is the same system used to list businesses and so your business listing will start appearing elsewhere as a pleasant consequence.
Google Maps Listing
If you want to create your Google Maps listing it can be done in a few easy steps by VITAL for You:
- Choose to have a Google Map added by VITAL
- Sign in to the Google Local Business Centre at www.google.com/local/add. You will need to use an existing Google account or we will create you a new one.
- Supply your business information and select up to 5 categories that best describe your business. Optionally enter your business hours, payment options, photos, videos, additional information.
- Preview and verify your listing. You can confirm your business location in several ways, we recommend that you choose for Google to send you a postcard with a confirmation code. You will need to follow the instructions provided in the postcard and your listing will be live within 3-6 weeks.
This enhanced listing exposure can do wonders for your business and even if you are not desperate for traffic just yet it is worth securing your position in the maps results listing before your competitors do.